Featured Artist: Rebecca Green

No comments:
Featured Artist: Rebecca Green
Art from My Blank Paper, by Rebecca Green.

     Art is one of my passions, and when I started Jackie O My, I envisioned a place to share all the things I love. For this reason, I'm excited to introduce a new post series today called Featured Artist. In these posts, I will, well, feature artists that I love and that inspire me. I will start with an artist I discovered this year who has quickly become one of my all time favorites.

Rebecca Green is an American Illustrator and painter. Her work has been featured in books and magazines, and her very own picture book, How To Make Friends With A Ghost, will be released September 5, 2017. She has even illustrated the Portuguese version of one of my favorite books, A Little Princess, which you can view here!

Rebecca's style is what attracted me to her work; it's whimsical, colorful, and most importantly, tells stories. Her pieces just seem to exude magic and adventure. She usually uses a combination of gauche, graphite, and pencils for her artwork. I would love to tell you which of her illustrations is my favorite, but it changes each day. The care Rebecca gives to detail allows the viewer to discover something new each time.

Feeling inspired? You can learn more about Rebecca on her site, My Blank Paper.


Featured Artist: Rebecca Green

Featured Artist: Rebecca Green

Featured Artist: Rebecca Green

Featured Artist: Rebecca Green

Featured Artist: Rebecca Green

Featured Artist: Rebecca Green
Photos from My Blank Paper, By Rebecca Green.

To see more of Rebecca's work, visit her on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment